Monday 19 August 2013

The Wide Fit Footwear Edition

Anyone suffering with swollen feet knows how irritating and painful it can be. Although I'm no longer taking Prednisolone, I still have water retention. Yes, I do drink plenty of water, and yes, I do keep my feet elevated above my heart (if I had a pound for every time I heard that...) No matter what I do, I cannot shift water retention. It usually disappears after a while, but until then I have to make sure I'm wearing the right Shoes on my feet.

But do you know what's worse that swollen feet? A swollen foot. Yes, that's right, one normal sized foot, and one that's abnormally large. If you don't believe me, take a look at my Kankle!


Exhibit A: Not the best looking shot of my feet I agree, but
look at the difference between the left and the right foot.

Regardless of whether I'm in heels, or flats, my foot tends to swell up a lot. I know the importance of staying hydrated, especially in the heat we've been having recently, but again, nothing seems to change. It's particularly annoying when I'm planning on wearing a great outfit and have to change everything because my shoe won't accommodate the size of my foot.

Medication or no medication, Crohn's or no Crohn's, swollen feet can affect anybody at anytime so don't aggravate them by wearing ill-fitting shoes. If you can relate to my Jekyll and Hyde feet, find out the Top 5 places to buy Footwear that won't leave you bed bound and in agony towards the end of the night and the next day. The best thing about these shops are they cater for wide feet, so you won't have to size up and face the risk of not being able to wear them when your feet return to normal. 

#1 - Clarks

If you're after footwear that last, Clarks will not let you down. They know the importance of Foot health and combine this with the latest trends to keep your feet neat and stylish without compromise. It's worth visiting a store to get your feet measured and following their quick and simple buying tips. (Available in half sizes.)

When I think of M&S, the first thing that comes to mind is quality - M&S definitely deliver on that. Their range of Wide Fit Footwear will allow you to look your best and forget water retention was ever a problem. To sum up: It's not just any Shoe, it's M&S Shoes - I know it's for food, but if the slogan fits... (Available in half sizes.)


#3 - Evans


It's no secret that Evans style curvy women, so it made perfect sense to check out their range of footwear. They're collection of Shoes and Boots will blow you away, and the icing on the cake would be the Wide and Extra Wide Fit selection of footwear available. The hardest decision would be, what do I buy first?
                                                     

#4 - New Look

New Look have over 100 pairs of Wide Fit Shoes and Boots that'll guarantee your feet look amazing at all times. Better still, they'll feel good at the same time so you won't have to make your feet suffer just so that the entire outfit looks perfect. Not that I've done anything like that before...




#5 - Debenhams

Debenhams certainly know how to impress when it comes to buying the perfect pair of Wide Fit Court Shoes. Unfortunately the categories wouldn't allow me to be so specific and provide you with the perfect link - you know how online shopping can be sometimes. Either way, you'll be able to find something to suit most occasions.




I hope this helps you in your quest to find the perfect pair of Shoes/Boots - it most certainly will keep me busy for the next few days. But the most important thing to remember is that your feet will return to their normal size eventually. As to how long it'll be, I couldn't tell you. So to make sure your Shoes/Boots still fit when the swelling reduces, buy some Insoles. This will ensure you don't have to wear 2 pairs of socks in your Shoes. Trust me, they do the job and it's comfortable.


Happy shopping, stay fabulous and keep smiling,

Love Sam xxx







No comments:

Post a Comment